Stronger, Better, Faster Team Performance
Organizations face constant change from technological disruption and innovation. Changing dynamics in the workplace require business leaders to have multiple team members who are prepared for leadership positions earlier in their careers. Participants in the PwC CEO Survey shared their insights on navigating these changes:
- Be prepared. John J. Christmann IV, CEO of Apache Corporation, said he aims “to have two to three candidates ready for every key position, and two to three folks in training to take their jobs.”
- Focus on Millennials and beyond. For Mark T. Mondello, CEO of Jabil Circuit Inc., his company challenges itself to make sure they’re hiring enough young talent to lead them into the future.
- Seek flexibility. At Bloomin’ Brands, Inc., CEO Elizabeth Smith said that the first thing she looks for, whether hiring in R&D or in finance, is a nimble leader.
Enhancing Team Performance
How do you uplevel team performance in a tech-savvy environment and ensure that you are doing things the best way possible? From driverless cars to a sharing economy, innovation is key. Foster innovation with these approaches:
- Encourage friendly competition. Encourage your teams to compete among themselves, to motivate innovation.
- Provide useful insight. Fuel innovation by sharing feedback from customers about product complaints and feature requests.
- Be transparent. Develop a culture of innovation by openly communicating strategy and vision.
If your organization is stagnating, it will not survive. Develop an innovation program and establish a team, to begin identifying potential opportunities. As you place a higher priority on innovation, the culture of your organization will shift, creating a self-sustaining innovative environment. Get ahead of the competition now and stay in business for the future.
As the CEO & Founder of East Tenth Group, Michelle leverages 25 years of business and experience as a strategic advisor and executive coach to help drive actionable people solutions and provide practical insights on business strategy to senior leaders. she and her team and are fiercely committed to the development and growth of people and companies because we believe that when people thrive, business thrives.