Leadership Transition: HR Crisis Management
In an ideal situation, leadership transition is a process that allows time for HR to prepare the
new executive for transition success. Sometimes timing simply isn’t great and a manager is catapulted into a higher position of leadership without being properly prepared for the new challenges that come with the role. Instead of being a shining star, his or her missteps begin to cause a ripple effect of problems and HR finds itself in crisis mode.
East Tenth Group works with HR professionals to help prepare their new executives for leadership transition success.
Ideally, we work with individuals before they take on their new executive role so they can step into it with confidence. Based on our Balanced Leadership™ framework, our personalized approach takes your leaders from where they are to where they need to be, providing them with the insights and tools necessary to both quickly adapt to their new environment as well as continue to self-evaluate and grow within it.
Benefits of Individualized Leadership Transition Coaching
- Personalized coaching plan that takes you from where you are to where you need to be.
- Your leadership coach – an experienced, confidential sounding board who provides tools and a roadmap for greater success.
- Practical, real-time coaching for the critical first day and first few months challenges.
- Team management and motivation skills.
- Help cultivating key relationships that further your influence and attract support early on.
- Great confidence in your leadership capabilities from the start.
Whether you need immediate help for crisis management or you’re looking to prepare your leaders to step into their new leadership role with preparedness, East Tenth Group can help.
Click the link for information about our coaching services for leadership transition during a merger, acquisition or restructuring.
Read Our Leadership Transition Case Study
Thrust into a new leadership role managing a team of leaders, rather than functioning within the core business where he was confident and experienced, the Founder and President of an investment banking firm sought coaching from East Tenth Group. Learn how he addressed and corrected areas in his personal leadership that were problematic and developed his skills as a people manager, resulting in increased cohesiveness and retention of employees. Read the East tenth Group leadership transition case study.